Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Hiking Angle's Landing

Here is the view from the top of Angels landing
It is a great hike Lots to see. It is one of the best hikes ever.
About 2/3 of the hike is steep on trails but the best part is the last where you have to hike along this ridge. Bolth sides of the ridge are straight drop off for a long way.
Some parts of the trail are only 5 feet wide great thrill if you like hights
The view is great from top to bottom here is a little bush at the top that was growing right out of the rocks.
If you like Zion's you have to do this hike the 360 view at the top is to die for. Some people do die for it last year 3 people died hiking it
Here is the stair way to Heaven it is the Thoughest part Physically.

From here you can see part of the trail.
Here is jeff getting close to the edge. Notice how small the road is.
I decided to live on the edge, or sit on the edge. I think Jeff was more nervous of me sitting on the edge than me.
The only thing to keep from falling are the sturdy chains and a little Guts. here you can see how steep drop off so close to the edge
Hope you liked the picts of the hike sorry I couldn't put them all there are 200 picts.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Uhhg, just looking at those pictures with you guys at the top makes me want to vomit!! Glad you had a good time.

Chapman Herd said...

WHO is that HANDSOME DEVIL in the Dr. Pepper shirt?! You must get me his phone number! Love the pictures Matt! Thanks for taking Jeff, he had a great time

Unknown said...

Matt I love your pictures, you did a great job with the camera. I have to say that I will take your word for it about the view, because I prefer to only have near death experiences every once in a great while, so I will pass on the hike but your pictures are great and actually you can do a slide show on your blog with your pictures I just have to have my friend Melissa Skinner show me how.

Julie Johnson said...

Love Angels Landing. I miss Zions so much! I did that hike when I was in school. I loved shooting Zions. Its such a great place for amazing pictures!

M.S. said...

(I'm friends with Liz...) I love stopping by your blog and seeing all your pictures. I love having a "window to southern utah"... I miss the red rocks. Thank you for sharing my favorite hike! Someday I'll get Liz (and Rob) down there... really if I didn't have anything else to do... I'd get in the car and start the drive to Zion. Angel's Landing is the best!